Russia / Soviet Union / Eurasia
- The Modern Encyclopedia of Russian and Soviet History (MERSH)
- The Supplement to the Modern Encyclopedia of Russian, Soviet &
Eurasian History (SMERSH)
- The Modern Encyclopedia of East Slavic, Baltic and Eurasian Literatures
- The Modern Encyclopedia of Religions in Russia and the Soviet Union
- Military Encyclopedia of Russia and Eurasia (MERE)
- Russia & Eurasia Facts & Figures Annual (REFFA)
- Russia & Eurasia Documents Annual (REDA)
- Documents of Soviet History (SovDocs)
- Documents of Soviet-American Relations (SovAmDocs)
- USSR Calendar of Events, 1987-1991 (USSRCAL)
- Soviet Armed Forces Review Annual (SAFRA)
- First Congress of People's Deputies of the USSR. 25 May-9 June 1989.
Stenographic Record (CongressDocs)
- The Soviet Union and the Middle East. A Documentary Record of the Fertile
Cresent Arabs, 1917-1985 (SovArabDocs)
- Sino-Soviet Documents Annual (SinoSovDocs)
- S.M. Soloviev, "History of Russia From Earliest Times" (Soloviev)
- The Russian Series
- Paperbacks for Class Adoption
Back to AIP Home Page.
THE RUSSIAN SERIES
New Edition of a Classic
A.E. Presniakov THE FORMATION OF THE GREAT RUSSIAN STATE. Translated
by A.E. Moorhouse. Introduction by Alfred J. Rieber. 454 pp., maps, charts.
Cloth. Reprint of 1970 edition. 400 copies. RS/39 $44. Ten or more $25
"Remains to date the single most impressive and original contribution
to an understanding of the long and complex process that led to the creation
of the Muscovite autocracy."-Alfred J. Rieber
A New Classic. In English for the First Time
Evgeny V. Anisimov Empress Elizabeth. Her Reign
and Her Russia, 1741-1761. Translated and with a preface by John
T. Alexander. Translation of Rossiia v seredine XVIII veka. Borba z nasledie
Petra (Moscow, 1986). 293 pp. ills., maps, cloth. RS/41 $39.
First account in Russian and now English of the reign and times of the daughter
of Peter the Great and the predecessor of Catherine the Great. Dramatic
and provacative glimpses of high politics, court intrigue, Elizabeth's coup
and personality, eminent personages and lively court culture.
- J.M. Battle, T.D. Sherlock GORBACHEV'S REFORMS. An Annotated Bibliography
of Soviet Writings. Part 1. 1985-June 1987. 1988. 83 pp. Paper. RS/43-44
- Joseph T. Fuhrmann TSAR ALEXIS, HIS REIGN AND HIS RUSSIA. 1981 RS/34
$39. "Fuhrmann's biography of Tsar Alexis tries to be both scholarly
and popular. It is."-American Historical Review
- R.G. Skrynnikov IVAN THE TERRIBLE. Edited, translated and with an introduction
by Hugh F. Graham. 1981 RS/32 $43. "The student and general reader
interested in an overview of the periods will find Skrynnikov's account
engaging, informative, and many-sided."-The Russian Review
- R.G. Skrynnikov THE TIME OF TROUBLES. RUSSIA IN CRISIS, 1604-1618.
Edited and translated by Hugh F. Graham. 352 pp. ills., maps. Cloth. 1988
RS/36 $43. Now the most authoritative account in any language. "Upper-division
undergraduates and above."-Choice
- Paul N. Miliukov THE RUSSIAN REVOLUTION. Translation in three volumes
of Istoriia vtoroi russkoi revoliutsii. Edited, translated and with introductory
essays by Richard Stites and Gary M. Hamburg. 870 pp. RS/44:1-3 $110 "One
of the most important first-person accounts of the Revolution and an indispensable
source."-Slavic Review 155 sets left.
- Peter A. Zaionchkovsky THE ABOLITION OF SERFDOM IN RUSSIA. Edited and
translated by Susan Wobst. Introduction by Terence Emmons. RS/20 $50 "An
excellent English translation makes this outstanding work available to
a much broader audience."-Choice 60 copies.
- Peter A. Zaionchkovsky THE RUSSIAN AUTOCRACY UNDER ALEXANDER III. RS/22
$50 "We can be thankful for this able and conscientious translation
to David R. Jones who has made a basic work on an important reign available
to the nonspecialist."-Slavic Review 96 copies.
- Peter A. Zaionchkovsky THE RUSSIAN AUTOCRACY IN CRISIS, 1878-1882.
Edited, translated and with an Introduction by Gary M. Hamburg. RS/33 $50
"The book should be in every academic collection in Russian history."-Choice.
"Outstanding Academic Book"-Choice 87 copies.
- Alexander E. Presniakov EMPEROR NICHOLAS I OF RUSSIA. THE APOGEE OF
AUTOCRACY. Edited and translated by Judith C. Zacek. With an introductory
essay by Nicholas V. Riasanovsky. RS/23 $43 "Should be in every college
library."-Choice 39 copies.
- TEHRAN YALTA POTSDAM. THE SOVIET PROTOCOLS. Introduction by Robert
Beitzell. 1970 RS/17 $43 12 copies.
- Boris Nikolajewsky ASEFF THE SPY. 1934/1969 RS/11 $33.
- V.V. Vinogradov RUSSKII IAZYK. GRAMMATICHESKOE UCHENIE O SLOVE. 1947/1971
RS/21 $50 2 copies.
- THE CHRONICLE OF NOVGOROD, 1016-1471. Introduction by Walter K. Hanak.
1914/1970 RS/18 $43
- R.J. Kerner BOHEMIA IN THE EIGHTEENTH CENTURY. New Introduction by
Joseph F. Zacek. 2nd ed. RS/7 $50 19 copies
Go to Academic International Press Home
Send use-mail with your comments.
© 1996-2003 Academic International Press